Release Your Stress During These Unprecedented Times
Constant stress creeps into our lives affecting our minds and bodies and what’s worrying is that even when the external stress dissipates, our physical body can remain in that state of stress, until we do something about it.
I have found that by combining the powerful tools from Mindfulness, Kinesiology and Meditation, we can calm our autonomic nervous system, which in turn helps to relax our bodies, mind, and soul.
Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of what is happening right now, essentially engaging all our senses.
Kinesiology is a healing modality that looks at how we can release the stress from any and all aspects of our being – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Meditation is the practice of relaxing the body, quietening the mind, and awakening the spirit.
When we combine these three powerful tools together, we create an experience that allows us to awaken our awareness and release stress from our entire being.
Here is a powerful Mindfulness Kinesiology Meditation I created to relax the mind, body, and soul.
Start by gently placing your hand over your forehead. Close your eyes and take in ten deep breaths. Often, you’ll feel a shift such as a big sigh after a few breaths indicating you have released some stress.
AS YOUR BREATH RETURNS TO NORMAL, BEGIN TO ENGAGE ALL YOUR SENSES:
• How does it feel to have the breath go into your body and out of your body?
• How do your muscles feel?
• How does it sound as you breathe?
• What other sounds can you hear?
• Notice if there are any fragrances in the air. What can you smell?
• Move one hand on top of the other and feel your hand and fingers. How do they feel?
• Is there anything else in proximity that you can feel? Perhaps the chair you’re are sitting. Really engage the sense of touch.
• Then, when you are ready, slowly open your eyes and look around the room. Notice if there is anything you haven’t noted before.
• Finally, drink a glass of water. Feel the water in your mouth and notice the taste.
• Feel how the water travels down your throat.
Spend a few moments just being before returning to your everyday life. Please reach out if there is anything I can help with and as always, I like to sign off with - Happiness Starts with a Smile and Empowered Starts with a Choice!
Carolyn King is a Kinesiologist, Brain Gym Consultant, Mindfulness Coach, Meditation Teacher, mBIT Coach, Life Coach, International Author and on a mission to empower individuals to reconnect with their inner joy and happiness